Tavern on the
Green International is taking that special, unique, pampered and iconic experience 'on the
road' to people outside the tri-state area. The Company is
establishing a boutique
restaurants to evoke a feeling of escape for the consumer. Restaurants will bring to mind memories of original visits to the
space in New York City but
they will be updated to offer the
warm service, aesthetic and contemporary atmosphere that people have come to expect of restaurants as
the new 'accessible'
private club. (Not affiliated with Tavern on the Green in Central Park.)
very mention of
the "Tavern on
the Green" brings a smile to
past guest as memories of magical moments cross their mind. A trip
to Central Park was
incomplete without going to
the legendary Tavern on the Green restaurant that operated from 1934 to 2009. Such was the
restaurant's fame that it was the
4th most visited tourist attraction in the
• served over
17 million guests in the last 35 years
actors, musicians and politicians
• featured in 51 films and
• was 'the most requested restaurant' globally by American Express in 2007
independently-owned restaurant in the U.S.
• served 670,000 guests in
2007, with $38 million
in sales • Top 5 National earnings status in Restaurant Institutions annual survey; several consecutive years
A study of over 1000 people in 20 cities conducted by
the Kinnaman Group in 2010 found that "Tavern
on the Green" had established a
long lasting and positive impression throughout the USA. This study concluded that the brand was recognized by 62%
of participants of
85% were extremely or moderately likely to try
a Tavern on the
in their city.
were likely to
try gourmet food products.
were likely to
the Green restaurant in
Tavern on the
Green Properties, LLC currently owns the Use Agreement with the New York City for the use of Tavern
On The Green® name and
all associated Intellectual Property in the United States and worldwide for:
• Restaurants •
Gift Stores • Coffee and Food
Products • Wines and
Tabletop • House Wares • Home-decor.
Foreign Registrations: Trademarks in Japan, UAE, Canada, China, Europe, UK,
*(Does not include
part s of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and all of Connecticut.)
goal: Establish a support channel for the National Center for
Missing & Exploited Children.
works tirelessly to find missing children. Since
1984, it has assisted in 191,000
children, prevented the sexual exploitation of the nation's youth, and delivered prevention education to allow a safer childhood. NCMEC relies on innovative alliances, such as that with Tavern on the Green International, to increase awareness of
its mission and bolster its funding base.
study revealed the social cost of
child abuse and
neglect - at least
billion. Money aside, studies cannot capture the
value of a life lost and the consequences to a life derailed. Tavern on the Green International wanted to address this dreadful, widespread yet hushed problem.
• The Initial Franchise Fee is based on the population within the
proposed territory of ten cents ($0.10) per person with a minimum of
1.5-million population; $150,000 min to a max of $250,000.
• 6% of weekly Gross Sales up to $10,000,000;
Grading down to 4½ % of
• The restaurants will be designed to be identifiable to the original. It will
offer a more modern feel.
• Typical unit size – 6,000 to 8,000 sq. ft. inside accompanied by outdoor space.
• They will feature aspects of the
original such as the famous Chandelier room, trees wrapped with tea lights, stained glass windows, park benches, an entrance canopy and a doorman among other things.
• The Company's growth strategy involves fostering dining locations in key markets around the world.
• While there may be 'company owned' restaurants, most locations
will be operated by like-minded partners under a Franchising agreement.
• The Company is looking for partners who understand the restaurant industry,
understand the history and global reach of the brand and want to seize this opportunity to replicate the success of the Tavern on the Green.
• Franchises will have the right
to operate under the following trademarked names: In the United States - Tavern on the Green [Insert relevant city name] Outside the United States - Tavern on the Green
• Only one restaurant per major city (or designated territory) will be allowed to operate under the Tavern on the Green International LLC umbrella.
• Absentee ownership will be allowed,
provided a designated full-time CEO is hired as a general manager.
• A business
development manager and Tavern Chef are also required staff
• An operation manual and training will be provided to help partners recreate the environment of the original Central Park restaurant.
• Certain menu items will be standardized across all venues but flexibility will be allowed to cater to specific local tastes.
10 years; with a 10-year renewal
option on the 10th and
20th anniversaries - 30 years maximum.
Partners in the Tavern on the Green International network of restaurants are members of a team that will offer its clients
fine dining and curated experiences that enhance their lifestyles. The environments are designed to evoke a languid 'il dolce far niente'
sensation rather than that of a harried chain .
Franchise Partners will benefit from:
• Exclusive rights to a
well-loved and restricted brand name that will attract thousands
and boost sales
• World class training by professionals from the Tavern on the Green in Central Park
• Secret recipes used in the original restaurant and lauded by food critics
• Well-appointed design and decor by top designers and architects
• Construction Assistance
• Financial Assistance (within EB-5 territories)
• A select and compact network that will allow members to share best practices and easily commune with headquarters at Tavern on the Green International; and
• Most importantly, a built-in
opportunity to use the business
world to drive
social change; a chance
to help save
one child at a time.